Monday, October 10, 2011

Wish List Monday

Some lovely beads are calling to me this week.

Aren't these cool:














I love the rough texture and general funkiness of these:













And from this Artfire shop, four fabulous beads:




















































And last but so not least!  This very clever & smart person has taken Fireline & colored it. I want them all!  I know there's a lot of controversy over Fireline vs. Nymo or other nylon threads but I like the body of the work better when it's done on Fireline. It makes my bead weaving seem somehow sturdier and more substantial.   And I love that Sparkle Spot has taken a product I really like and made it better.  I really want every color. They say there will be more coming (I do notice that green is missing).  I can't wait to see what else they come up with!











And a very happy birthday to my sweet, funny, loving husband. I'm so lucky I got you!

10 comments:

Donna@soakinginmustard.com said...

Oh boy Sally, today the blue ones just appeal to me, texture, color and shapes. Looks like clear blue of New England skies in September and October! What would you do with them? Signed Nosey One

Unknown said...

Sally:
Totally agree with you on the colored fireline! I got some a few months ago and LOVE it! I just finished a piece using the Cherry Blossom and it disappeared into the pinks and oranges of my piece---no visible threads!

Kelley said...

Thank you, Sally for the kind words!! Green, hmmm . . . stay tuned! 4 new colors on the way!! ;-)

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to try that colored fireline! We were talking about it at the class the other night wondering of the color would come off like smoke? To me it didn't matter because even with smoke when the color comes off it's still on the thread, but others were wondering how it would hold up and would white eventually show through?? Any word from anyone on this? Sally did you order some???

Almost Precious said...

Sally I love the art beads that you've featured, some are fun and whimsical and some more serious but all of them are beautiful.

And a super WOW ... I did not know that Fireline came in anything but crystal or smoke! Those colors are wonderful and I have added Sparkle Spot to my list of favorites. Thank you for helping us find such resources. :)

Mina said...

I love the collors!

Lori P said...

How gorgeous! I'm just amazed at the handmade work these artisans are doing.

Belated birthday wish. Hoping you both had a special day.

Mina said...

Wow! love the collours

The Beading Gem said...

I also prefer Fireline - seems stronger to me. Love their new colors! About time too.

Cindy said...

Sally, looks like you are in a colorful mood! :-) I love those ruffled lampwork discs! I've always had a thing for ruffled discs.
I wanted to say Congrats on winning the book tour give away over at Bead A Day - looks like you won some of Barbara's pretty enameled beads!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...